The Faculty Technology Center (FTC) has selected a group of 10 faculty members to attend the annual Educause Learning Initiative (ELI) conference in Austin, Texas, Feb. 13-15, 2012.
- Alison (Sunny) Mall, College of Education, Teaching and Learning
- Janet Emerman, College of Health and Social Welfare, Social Work
- Elizabeth Sierra, Prince William Sound Community College, Psychology
- Scott Downing, Kenai Peninsula College, English/Communications
- Debra Canavan, Kodiak College, Academic Support
- Amanda Walch, Community and Technical College, Dietetics & Nutrition
- Dennis Drinka, College of Business and Public Policy, Computer Information Systems
- David Cushwa, Community and Technical College, Aviation
- Jackie Cason, College of Arts and Sciences, English
- David Morrison, Community and Technical College, Computer Networking and Office Technologies
Priority was given to instructors who have some experience with, but are still relatively new, to teaching through technology. These faculty will be accompanied by Luke Weld and Lee Henrikson from the FTC.
The ELI conference will address technological opportunities and challenges facing the teaching and learning community this coming year, including mobile computing, cloud computing and social networking. Look for several small panel discussions by the faculty members later this spring on what they learned.
The FTC will continue to publicize other faculty development opportunities as they become available.