Sunday, Sept. 11, Residence Life will be facilitating a mural-making activity in student housing from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in Commons 107. Multimedia images will be running on a loop and a collage as well as a handout regarding how 9/11 changed the United States will be available on site. There will be opportunities for people to bring in pictures of lost loved ones, people affected or notes with kind words to create a display titled “Rebuilding the Towers.”
Monday, Sept. 12, Student Union and Commuter Student Services will be facilitating a mural-making activity on the 2nd floor of the Student Union from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. commemorating the 10-year anniversary. Students will write a response to the question “Where were you on 9/11 and how has 9/11 changed you or the world?” Along with the mural, students will be notified of a Facebook page to share some of their thoughts and feeling about 9/11 and will be given commemorative ribbons to wear.
Other 9/11 commemorative resources available online include:
- BBC’s Stories from the Embers
- National Geographic‘s Remembering 9/11 Interview Archives
- Facebook’s Where Were You on 9/11 page
- Story Corps’ collection of 9/11 sound recordings from individuals who were directly impacted by the events of 9/11
- The 9-11 Commission Report