As part of its ongoing commitment to ensuring UAA is a fair, equitable and safe place to study, live and work, UAA is actively searching for a Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity and Compliance.
Ron Kamahele, director of Human Resource Services, has been appointed to serve as acting coordinator and director until the position is filled.
The search committee for the position formed and began meeting in December with the following members:
- Dede Allen, Associate Director of Athletics
- Jeane Breinig, Interim Associate Vice Chancellor for Alaska Natives & Diversity
- Alec Burris, President, USUAA Student Government
- Bridget Coffou, Prevention Education Coordinator, Office of Equity & Compliance
- Ana Hinkle, Student Affairs Director, Prince William Sound College
- Jeff Jessee, Dean, College of Health
- Susan Kalina, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs (Committee Chair)
- Paul Landen, Associate Professor, Psychology/Kenai Peninsula College
- Theresa Lyons, Executive Director, Student Outreach & Transition
- Kirstin Olmstead, Public Relations & Marketing Manager
- Patt Sandberg, Professor, Department of Psychology
- Michael Votava, Assistant Dean of Students
- Ron Kamahele, HRS Director, HR Representative
- Celesta Richardson, Executive Scheduler, Logistics
The position description is now posted and initial review of applicants began Jan. 12. The position reports to the chancellor and is responsible for leading UAA’s Title IX efforts, as well as managing the Office of Equity & Compliance. If you know of qualified professionals, please encourage them to apply.
The goal is to welcome finalists on campus for interviews in mid-February. Open forums to meet the finalists will be announced through the Green and Gold. Please plan to participate in these opportunities. Your input on this vital search is important.