Spring Preview Day is quickly approaching and we are seeking volunteers to join us for another successful Preview Day on Friday, Feb. 10.
Preview Day is a UAA New Student Recruitment event aimed at providing prospective students with an opportunity to experience what UAA has to offer all in one day. It gives the students an opportunity to explore programs, organizations, and resources they may follow throughout their path at the university. For more information about the event, visit the UAA Preview Day website.
We are seeking volunteers for both the morning check-in and all day support. Volunteer opportunities are open to all UAA staff/faculty, students and the Anchorage community. The role of a volunteer is to ensure everything goes as planned.
There are two volunteer opportunities available:
Morning check-in/registration (7:15am to 9:00am)
- Man booths and assist prospective students with choosing their sessions for the day.
General overall support (after morning check in/registration)
- Volunteer times are divided into Block A (9 a.m.–11:15 a.m.) and Block B (11 a.m.–1 p.m.).
- Stand in high-traffic areas surrounding the classrooms where the sessions will occur to provide directions and guide students to the sessions for which they are registered.
- Sit in designated sessions to conduct a brief assessment of the session and act as a liaison to any student in need.
- Assist with preparation for lunch and closing ceremony.
If you and your team would like to register as volunteers, please register by Tuesday, Feb. 7 via the online Preview Day volunteer registration form.
For questions, please contact Katherine Pascua, interim recruiter for UAA Office of New Student Recruitment, at (907) 786-6712 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Preview Day is an exceptional opportunity for UAA prospective students and we would not be able to do it without the help of our volunteers. We hope to see you there!