The Diversity Action Council (DAC) seeks to recognize and empower students to lead change in the community by offering tuition awards of up to $1,000. This Student Diversity Award is designed to recognize students who contribute significantly to enhancing diversity at UAA.
Students from all UAA campuses are invited to apply. When considering applications, the DAC will focus on how the applicant:
- Promotes a welcoming environment inclusive of diverse people and cultures/perspectives;
- Takes a leadership role and provides a student voice in diversity related issues; and
- Advances social justice and diversity within the larger community.
To apply, students must submit the following items together to email@example.com:
- A completed Student Diversity Award application form, available at: uaa.alaska.edu/student-diversity-award.
- A letter of endorsement from a professional or university reference.
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 9.
The UAA Diversity Action Council will review nominations and grant tuition to the top applicants. Award recipients must meet eligibility criteria including a 2.5 cumulative GPA, Satisfactory Academic Progress and be admitted to a UAA certificate or degree program.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Affairs at (907) 786-6108 or the Multicultural Center at (907) 786-4080.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodation to participate in the nomination process should contact the Multicultural Center 48 to 72 hours in advance.