Whether it’s a pre-game dinner with the family, sports fans gathering to watch the Seawolves or just an evening out with friends, Varsity Sports Grill is the new place to be!
With the creation of UAA’s world-class Alaska Airlines Center came the opportunity to fashion a truly unique dining experience in a sports/performance setting. The Varsity Sports Grill is a premier restaurant that offers a great menu in a warm, modern atmosphere for all of Anchorage to enjoy.
In this upscale sports pub, Executive Chef Matt Little Dog and his team of talented chefs serve up specialty salads, burgers, Alaska-flair entrees and a variety of artisan pizzas.
Some of the most exciting restaurant features:
- An open display kitchen and seating at the food bar allows for easy viewing and interaction with chefs as they prepare food.
- The state-of-the-art, wall-mounted, wine distribution system allows guests to purchase a single glass or sample a flight of wines.
- An extensive selection of ice cold Alaska craft beers.
- In addition to the spectacular view from floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the arena floor, there are also several large flat-screen televisions for event viewing.
- A spacious outdoor balcony patio with a beautiful view of the Chugach Mountains.
- Private dining is also available on Monday evenings and all day Sunday.
Varsity Sports Grill is located on the mezzanine floor of the Alaska Airlines Center on UAA’s campus. The restaurant is managed by NMS Food Services, and is open to the public year-round. Hours of operation are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays, and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays.The Grill will be closed on Sundays, and may be closed during events on a to-be-determined basis.
Patrons will receive complimentary parking during their visit.
For more information or to make a reservation, please call (907) 786-7835 or visit alaskaairlinescenter.com.