Last week’s Election Tentral promised to be “the biggest, brightest, best election celebration in UAA’s history.” It met that promise and then some. The on-campus election central (located in a heated tent, hence the name “tentral”) gave the UAA community a warm on-campus location to watch national, state and local returns, discuss the election and eat some free food.
Thanks to everyone who dropped in and helped make the event a success!
• Tentral had 1,314 people come through to celebrate the freedom to vote, engage with election results and enjoy food (90 percent were students; 10 percent were staff).
• Tentral had 60 students in it all day from 8 a.m.–11 p.m.
• Two 47-inch TVs with Fox on the right side of the tent
• One 60-inch TV with CNN on the left side of tent
• One Dish Network satellite
• 35 dozen donuts, 15 gallons of coffee and 10 gallons of Tang from 8–11 a.m.
• 350 hot dogs and six gallons of chili and soup from 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
• Three gallons of soup and four gallons of chili from 1–4 p.m.
• Two bushels of chips, five gallons of chili, four gallons of cheese and 12 pumpkin pies from 4–7 p.m.
• 60 gallons of Kool-Aid from 11 a.m.–10 p.m.