Second Annual ENGAGE Week, Oct. 1-5
Last Updated ( August 9, 2012 )
Monday, Oct. 1-Friday, Oct. 5
Mark your calendars and become a part of UAA’s 2nd Annual ENGAGE Week, Oct. 1-5, a series of events highlighting UAA’s commitment to community engagement. The week will be filled with activities for students, staff and faculty to explore civic engagement, dialogue on social issues and personally contribute to community through participation in service.
Join ENGAGE Week and let your efforts be known! Does your department or program have a community engagement project that you’d like to showcase? Here are a few ways you can be involved:
- Host your academic program or center’s fall involvement activities Oct. 1-5
- Share the impacts from your engagement during a brown bag lunch with peers
- Conduct an activity highlighting your work with community
- Co-host a panel/round-table discussion with a community partner
- Lead a tour of staff/students through your community project or research
To find out more about ENGAGE Week and how your department can be involved, please visit the Center for Community Engagement & Learning’s website or contact Lora Jorgensen at email@example.com.