- EXTENDED DEADLINE April 2, Deadline for submitting nominations to local governance groups.
- March 25 to April 12, Local staff governance groups meet with student leaders and together, make recommendations and send all nominations to System Governance Office.
- April 16, Recommendations are forwarded by System Governance Office to the UA President.
- May 6, President sends notice to award recipient(s).
- TBA, President presents awards to recipient(s) at a Board of Regents’ meeting.
The Staff Make Students Count Award, established in the spring of 1999, recognizes university staff who have provided outstanding service to students anywhere in the UA system, including rural campuses and extended sites.
What is the purpose of this award?
To recognize staff who have provided outstanding service to students anywhere in the UA system. Each recipient receives an award plaque, $1,000 and two domestic airline vouchers. All nominees receive a certificate of nomination. The university president will present the awards at a Board of Regents meeting.
Who is eligible and how do I apply?
All regular full-time permanent and part-time permanent exempt and non-exempt staff employed by the University of Alaska are eligible to apply. Service to students may include service as part of the job or as volunteer service, either directly or indirectly to current or prospective students. Please complete the nomination form and submit it with a letter of nomination containing an explanation of the service provided to students and three letters of endorsement from those knowledgeable of the contribution made by the applicant/nominee.
How many awards will there be?
Up to four individuals can be awarded; one each for the University of Alaska Fairbanks, the University of Alaska Anchorage, the University of Alaska Southeast, and Statewide Programs and Services, provided there are nominations from each one, and the nominations meet the criteria and deadlines.
Applications for award must include:
- Letter of nomination and rationale for nomination
- Completed nomination form.
- At least three letters of endorsement from those knowledgeable of the contribution made by the applicant/nominee.
- Letters from students are encouraged.
Where can we get the nomination form and where do we submit it?
The form is located on line at http://gov.alaska.edu/staff/studentscount. Nomination packets, once submitted, are the sole basis for award consideration.
Forms must be submitted to the local staff governance office at each MAU as listed on the nomination form.