R.S.V.P. by Nov. 14 for the UAA International and Intercultural Task Force Open Forum
Last Updated ( November 3, 2011 )
Friday, Nov. 18, 1-2:30 p.m.
UAA/APU Consortium Library
The UAA International and Intercultural Task Force invites you to an Open Forum to share your stories relevant to the UAA International and Intercultural Learning Outcomes listed below.
We invite you to share your thinking about the following questions:
- How are the outcomes relevant to your work?
- How does or might your department approach helping students achieve these outcomes?
- What kind of change at UAA would contribute to the success of these outcomes?
Please R.S.V.P. by 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 14 to Liisa Morrison in CAFE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UAA International and Intercultural Learning Outcomes
- Understands one’s own culture(s) within an Alaskan, national and global context.
- Applies knowledge and critical thinking to global and cultural issues, trends and systems and uses diverse frames of reference to address problems.
- Communicates and connects with people in other communities to extend one’s own access to information, experiences and understanding.
- Fosters additional languages, including Alaska Native languages, as a component of the UAA experience.
- Develops an informed critical awareness and understanding of cultural differences, similarities and ambiguities.
- Gains an Alaskan, national and international perspective on careers
This is the first of several forums, and we hope to hold a forum on each of the UAA community campuses. Please feel free to contact us for more information: Susan Kalina (email@example.com) and Marva Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org), co-chairs, UAA International and Intercultural Task Force.